Simplifying Onward Homes
Onward Homes is proposing to simplify the structure of the organisation and its systems and processes for customers.
The proposal would mean that Contour Homes, Hyndburn Homes, Liverpool Housing Trust, Peak Valley Housing Association and Ribble Valley Homes would become one organisation, Onward.
If the changes go ahead, all tenants and leaseholders would automatically become tenants and leaseholders of Onward with the same rights and responsibilities. There would be no changes to your tenancy or lease, or to the services that you currently receive.
A single organisation would allow us to:
- Deliver services more efficiently
- Improve our focus on and investment in each neighbourhood
- Make key decisions quickly and easily
- Make significant cost savings, which would be invested into our homes and neighbourhoods
- Invest in technology to make it easier for you to access our services
- Build up to 1,600 new homes across the North West
Your views matter
We held a formal tenant consultation from 6 November to 15 December 2017 to get your views on our proposed plans to amalgamate the Group’s five organisations into one single legal entity called Onward Homes.
All tenants and leaseholders in the Group’s 35,000 homes were sent a letter, along with a leaflet with more information and a survey asking for their feedback.
Almost 2,000 surveys were returned to us and we are now busy collating all the feedback that we have received. Once this is complete we will provide an update in due course.
We would like to thank all those who took the time to give us their views.